If you’ve concluded, or the doctor has told you, that your problems aren’t clinical, then they’re almost certainly not all in the mind, as some people may have made you feel.
In this blog I want to encourage you not just to look at your life, that’s pretty obvious, but to look at the subtleties of your life.
Who’s doing your thinking?
Your immediate reaction was probably either ‘me’ or ‘a thousand deranged fairies with so many opinions that I couldn’t lay my hands on a single useful thought if I tried!”
The truth is though that your past is doing your thinking, the problem was that your past was programmed into you at birth taken from both your parent’s experiences, and if you think about it logically that means that it isn’t just your past that makes up that mind you can’t make up. It’s your entire ancestral line.
How many times have you heard people say:
- You’re just like your father, mother, aunt, sister, brother.
- Anxiety runs in our family, my mother, her father…
- Everyone on my side of the family has a temper!
- We all suffer from stomach issues.
- None of us can sing for toffee.
And so on. As of today I want you to realise that all such statements are programming, but they’re not programming you need to continue to live. I know so many people with sad family histories who are duplicating those histories, and yet there is major scientific evidence that we can literally change our minds for a better one! More about that later.
Before we get into Quantum Physics
There is so much information on the mind it isn’t true, but I wanted this blog to be a gradual build up to some of the tools and techniques available to help you, for the simple reason (obviously it was going to be simple that’s my catchword) that it’s important to take control of those thoughts and understand them, in order to change them. You need to know who you don’t want to be.
Most importantly, you may have to make the decision to break the family mould, to start dismissing a lot of what you’ve been taught about life and how it works, and build yourself an entirely new attitude towards being alive.
So your project is…
Start noticing thoughts and ideas in your head that don’t feel right to you.
- Have you just said something that makes you uncomfortable?
- Are you fed up with feeling that you can’t be different because every person in your entire family was the same?
- Do you have approaches to life that aren’t supporting your happiness, but you didn’t consciously start…they just evolved?
- Did you try to fit in at school by changing yourself? Do you do the same at work, at home, with your family, with your old friends?
These questions are important, because if you can answer yes to them then you’re definitely not living your own life, you’re living someone else’s past, someone else’s standards, someone else’s patterns. If you think about it, how many more ancestral lines have entered your consciousness and added to a pattern you would never have chosen?
Start working out why you’re not you, the answers will help you to find out who you are.